Davidson, N.C., August 26, 2021 –Trane® by Trane Technologies, a global climate innovator, is proud to announce the recipients of the Trane Technician of the Future Scholarship for 2021. Trane is awarding $78,000 to 21 deserving students across North America who are seeking a technical education as they prepare to enter the field of Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) or Building Automation.
The recipients and the schools they plan to attend are:
- Steven Alexander – Spartanburg Community College
- Austin Bailey – Collin County Community College District
- Spencer Barkdoll – Southeast Community College – Milford
- Cole Berry – Midlands Technical College
- Matthew Bigg – Seneca College
- Jake Caldwell – Pinellas Technical College – St. Petersburg Campus
- Justin Fernandez – Hudson Valley Community College
- James Ford – Pickens Technical College
- Chadwick Grant – Collin County Community College – Preston Ridge Campus
- Marc Iusceac – Tennessee College of Applied Technology
- Robin Kendziorski – Ferris State University
- Chris Lewis – Ferris State University
- Marcelino Martinez – Central New Mexico Community College
- Fernando Medina – Gateway Technical College
- Desmon Merchant – Emily Griffith Opportunity School
- Christian Morano – Pennsylvania College of Technology
- Fred Reagan – College of Southern Nevada
- Kimberly Sikkema – Ferris State University
- Vincent Travascio – Pennsylvania College of Technology
- Peyton Whitaker – Washburn Institute of Technology
- Kurtis Whittle – George Brown College
“Congratulations to each of the Trane Technician of the Future scholarship recipients,” said Donny Simmons, president, Commercial HVAC Americas, Trane Technologies. “We are honored to help these aspiring technicians launch a successful career in the HVAC and building controls industry. We need more qualified technicians and operators with the right skills to grow and sustain the dynamic HVAC industry. This scholarship program is one of the many ways Trane is helping build the next generation of skilled workers who will make significant industry contributions in the years to come.”
This year’s recipients were selected from a pool of finalists on the basis of academic performance, leadership and participation, long-term career and educational goals, financial need and other criteria. Recipients enrolled part-time receive $2,500 each; recipients enrolled full-time receive $4,000 each. Awards may be used for all education-related expenses.
More than half of the recipients are enrolled in academic institutions that are Trane NC3 Certification Centers, offering specialized HVAC labs and training using advanced equipment and sophisticated controls systems that create real life scenarios for hands-on learning. NC3 sponsorship is yet another way Trane is helping to positively impact career and technical education, and workforce development, in the HVAC and energy efficiency industry.
Details and eligibility requirements for future scholarships will be available on the application site later this year: https://learnmore.scholarsapply.org/TraneTechnician/.
# # #
Trane – by Trane Technologies (NYSE: TT), a global climate innovator – creates comfortable, energy efficient indoor environments for commercial and residential applications. For more information, please visit www.trane.com or www.tranetechnologies.com.
About Trane Technologies
Trane Technologies is a global climate innovator. Through our strategic brands Trane® and Thermo King®, and our portfolio of environmentally responsible products and services, we bring efficient and sustainable climate solutions to buildings, homes and transportation. Visit tranetechnologies.com.